'There is more in you than you think' Kurt Hahn

About Me

I have over 20 years teaching experience including both secondary and primary education. Throughout all of this there can be no doubt about my passion for outdoor education. My career path has gravitated towards realising that education means more than a classroom, more than just book learning, more than just exams. Outdoor education is not a subject-it is a way of learning concerned with the overall development of young people. In this trip I hope to observe first hand examples of best practice, in contrasting educational systems, and witness inspiration and innovation in delivery of the outdoor curriculum.
It is with grateful thanks to The Goldsmiths' Company that I have this opportunity and am able to pursue my passion.



Thursday 24 June 2010

Auf Wiedersehen Salem

Well I've packed my bags, yet again! I arrive back at Gatwick hopefully at about 8pm tonight (Friday). Big 'thank you' to all the staff here at Salem, I have been able to see and learn a great deal, a very worthwhile experience.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Joanne, We have all been enjoying reading your blog over the last few weeks - you have certainly been very busy over the last few weeks and have had some truly memorable experiences. I hope that the brain has not gone in to over-drive too much trying to assimilate all that you have seen, done and learned during your great outdoor adventure - looking forward to hearing more about it all on your return. Hope that you have had a good journey back to the sunny UK and that your final week as just as profitable as the last few. With very best wishes STo

    ReplyDelete