'There is more in you than you think' Kurt Hahn

About Me

I have over 20 years teaching experience including both secondary and primary education. Throughout all of this there can be no doubt about my passion for outdoor education. My career path has gravitated towards realising that education means more than a classroom, more than just book learning, more than just exams. Outdoor education is not a subject-it is a way of learning concerned with the overall development of young people. In this trip I hope to observe first hand examples of best practice, in contrasting educational systems, and witness inspiration and innovation in delivery of the outdoor curriculum.
It is with grateful thanks to The Goldsmiths' Company that I have this opportunity and am able to pursue my passion.



Saturday 12 June 2010

Shhh, don't tell anyone......

.............I'm having a day off today, I don't have to drive anywhere, meet anyone or pack for anything.
So had breakfast and then headed into the village, which is on the opposite side of the Loch, gloriously sunny, ideal day for a walk. First walked to the village, much larger than I'd thought and a hive of activity today as it was hosting a triathlon (they must be mad, run then cycle ride to Carrick Castle and part way back before launching themselves into the Loch for a swim). I then went to the start of my circular walk on Ben Donich. It starts near the local primary school and goes up..........up.........up and even further up! The views were stunning. It was great just to stand and look at the mountains changing colour as the clouds moved, so many different shades of green. I also came across some Highland
cattle munching away, they look quite fierce. Onwards and still upwards.........then the sound of running water, and lots of it. I spied through the trees some waterfalls. Bit tricky negotiating a better look, lots of moss, ferns, bluebells (yes you read that right, June and the hillside is covered in them) and tree roots. They are where two rivers meet, one being Donich Water, not sure what the
other one is. Photos just don't do the scenery justice. Still climbing up and over the top of the falls, the path was very narrow with lose stones under foot. Finally some flat, again the views were amazing took a view through the trees........oops............it's vanished.............to be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment